Red Hat Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication (RH423) is an intensive course designed to training Senior System Administrators the skills required to manage and deploy the Red Hat Directory Server on and for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
This course also covers cross-platform integration of directory services in order to provide authentication or information services across the enterprise. In addition, students will gain an understanding of the basic concepts, configuration, and management of LDAP-based services. This course also explores PAM, the Pluggable Authentication Modules system, and how it integrates with services that require authentication.
A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) who successfully completes this course is prepared to take the Red Hat Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication Expertise Exam (EX423).
- Understanding basic LDAP concepts
- Configuring and managing Red Hat Directory Server
- Managing user authentication with PAM and glibc NSS
- Using Kerberos and LDAP to centrally manage user authentication
- Using LDAP referrals and replication for distributed, highly available directory server performance
- Exploring options for integration with Microsoft Active Directory authentication
- RH423 is aimed at senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators and other IT professionals who need to provide enterprise-wide authentication or information services or who desire training in the management of LDAP-based directory services and customization of Linux authentication using the Red Hat Directory Server.
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for the overall security of their systems and networked services
- Experienced Linux system administrators tasked with security on other operating systems but who now want to perform those tasks on a Red Hat Linux system
- An RHCE interested in earning a Red Hat Certification of Expertise, or a Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) certification
- The essential elements of how to configure the services covered, as this course will be focusing on more advanced topics.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is required to take the exam (EX423) or enroll in a version of this course that includes the exam (RH424).
- For those who want to take this course without the exam (RH423 or RH423VT) and who have not earned their RHCE, confirmation of the correct skill set knowledge can be obtained by passing the online pre-assessment quiz here.
Price include course fee, official literature, fully operational classroom, lunch.